Thursday, July 5, 2012

Crunchy Summer Salad


Ok, the truth is I wanted veggie hot dogs on the 4th of July and figured I should have a healthy side to go with it. It was easy for me to decide on a salad because I recently had a really refreshing and tasty one at my best friend's beautiful outdoor wedding in the outer banks.


Crunchy Summer Salad


  • Mixed greens
  • Green apple
  • Radishes
  • White onion (red would be good too, I just had white because of my hot dog topping desires which clearly took precedence during my grocery list planning!)
  • Carrot
Honey Dressing 
  • 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
  • 3 Tablespoons good olive oil
  • 1 Tablespoon honey
  • 1/4 Teaspoon salt
You'll notice a block of feta cheese...I'm sure the salad would be great with it but I simply forgot to add it!
Clean and trim the radishes and slice thinly. 



Cut thin slices of the apple by standing it up and cutting one side off, avoiding the core. Then cut that piece into very thin slices, then cut into thin matchstick-sized thing strips lengthwise. Cut thin slices of the white onion. Shred the carrot.



Combine all of the salad dressing ingredients into a bowl and mix well with a fork or whisk. It will be sweet but pairs really perfectly with the salad.


And you have yourself a refreshing light summer salad! Clearly I was preoccupied with the veggie dog component of this meal as you can see from the lack of solo pics of the salad...

No comments:

Post a Comment